Disney World is one of my family’s most favorite places on Earth. I consider myself extremely lucky that I found and married someone who is as equally obsessed with the magic of Disney as I am. We also have two children who share our Disney themed, pixie dust filled love.
Do you love Disney World?
Have you ever celebrated your birthday there?
Our family has and we want to share our unique tips for how to celebrate your birthday in Disney World, especially with hardly any advance planning.
Why choose Disney World to celebrate your birthday?
A couple of years ago when it was almost time for my daughter’s 5th birthday, my husband and I thought what a magical thing it would be to celebrate her special day in Disney World.
As soon as we realized this was actually happening I booked our flights (check out my cheap airfare tips here). Next I found a great deal to stay on site at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort. Then off we went to celebrate!
Even though we didn’t really have anything specific planned while we were in Disney World for our daughter’s birthday, there were so many magical memories made during our trip that it was certainly a birthday she’ll never forget.
Here’s How To Celebrate Your Birthday In Disney World:
- Try to score an excellent deal on a Disney resort (maybe even deluxe) so you can celebrate in serious style.
- We love Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for its incredible decor, shooting geyser, heated pool complete with a waterslide and kids water play area, spacious rooms with balconies, and its close proximity to the Magic Kingdom.
- Make sure as soon as you walk into any of the Disney Parks to let them know it’s your birthday and you will receive a Happy Birthday button, free of charge. This button is your key to hearing “Happy Birthday” from Disney cast members and Disney Parks guests all day long.
- Kisses from Pluto as soon as you enter the Magic Kingdom are a definite perk on your birthday!
- Not only should you Disneybound as your favorite Disney character, but when celebrating your birthday in Disney World, you should take a picture with them too!
- Properly celebrate your birthday in Disney World with free boat rides all around the Disney Resorts, Parks and the all new Disney Springs. Tip – even if you are not a guest at Wilderness Lodge (or other Disney resorts that offer boat transportation), you can still visit the resort and enjoy a boat ride.
- Do your kids like to ride horses? Our daughter loves horses as much as she loves Disney. On her actual birthday we surprised her by taking her to Fort Wilderness Resort so she could ride a Disney horse.
- Last but not least make sure that not only Disney Cast members sing happy birthday to you, but also a person in the restaurant who happens to share your birthday (see the video at the end)!
How do you like to celebrate birthdays for your kids?
Would you ever celebrate a birthday in Disney World, for you or someone else?
In case you need budget friendly Disney travel information, Disney style tips or more, I have you covered here:
- Disney vacation tips for the budget conscious
- How to show off your Disney World spirit in rose gold style
- Why you should Never Ever visit Disney World