Wouldn’t preparing for travel be so much easier if someone else planned and packed for you? I know it would really help me out. But how do you know what to pack when traveling, especially so you can fit in all in a carry on?
One of my favorite ways to travel are long weekend getaways. Three, four and five day trips can often be the perfect amount of time to explore and have fun. No matter how long a trip is I always carry on my luggage (yes even for a two week long Disney World trip plus cruise). Carrying on saves time and possibly money depending on the airline.
To help streamline your packing process, I have a simple guide for what to pack when traveling for a weekend.
What To Pack When Traveling For A Weekend
To maximize all of the space you can, you will want to check out these 7 essentials you need to pack in your carry on.
I made sure to bring cute and comfy shoes (Tieks), sneakers, fun graphic tees, a few outfits I could mix and match, and of course I could never forget my denim jacket. That is a staple item in my wardrobe and I never travel, even if it’s only locally to visit Philly, without it.
What Should I Pack For A 3 Day Trip?
Here are some simple, easy to wear, yet still stylish clothing, shoes and accessories that are perfect for a taking on a long weekend trip.
There is a variety of pieces and you can even layer some of them too. Most of the clothes also come in different colors.
- AE V-Neck Favorite T-Shirt (comes in 6 colors)
- Soft Slub Ruffle T-Shirt (comes in 5 colors)
- Short Sleeve Button Up Shirt in Chambray
- Customizable Vintage Destroyed Mom Jeans
- High Rise Toothpick Jean in White
- High Waisted 7/8 Legging
- Cuffed Denim High Rise Shorts
- Point Sur Seaside Short in Stripe
- Sannibel Platform Wedge Sandal
- Chuck Taylor Women’s Low Top Shoreline Sneaker
- Tory Burch Flip Flop Sandals (in over 30 colors/prints)
- Classic Denim Jacket (I never leave home without mine)
- Tailored Leather Belt
- Relaxed Fit Women’s Strapback Hat
- Side Ruched Body-Con Dress
- Carson 53mm Polarized Sunglasses (these are also my must have sunglasses)
- Knotted Hair Tie (comes in 6 different prints)
- Sylvia Leather Wallet on a Chain (comes in 6 colors)
Now you know what to pack when traveling, but in case you need more clothing ideas, click here for 18 fantastic fashions and accessories.
You can also sign up below for my newsletter and get instant access to a must-have travel/packing checklist.