Do you travel internationally? Over the past year or so my travels have shifted from the US and the Caribbean to a lot more international travel. In less than a year I visited 4 European countries (France, Netherlands, Italy and Spain) with no intentions on stopping. There is nothing more fulfilling to my wanderlust heart than exploring a new country and immersing myself in the culture.
Something that makes my travels easier is packing less so I can carry on my luggage instead of having large, bulky bags to deal with and check. So you can be well prepared for your next trip, I am sharing some of my favorite International travel essentials you need to know about. Thanks to the cheap airfare I have been finding, it might be easier than you think to take some long weekend getaways.
What do I need to bring to travel internationally?
International travel isn’t always easy. You might be flying all day or all night long, there are time changes involved, possible layovers and often jet lag too.
A question I am often asked about traveling, especially when long flights are involved, is what to pack and bring to travel internationally. Since I always only carry-on when traveling, my travel essentials need to be compact, functional and maybe even a little stylish too (like these gifts for travel lovers). They include everything from a compact steamer to memory cards for your DSLR (which you will definitely need with all the pictures you are sure to take).
I made a big mistake the first time I traveled internationally and didn’t pack a worldwide travel adapter (now it’s the first thing I pack).
15 International Travel Essentials :
- HappyLuxe Travel Set (includes small pillow, wrap/blanket and sleep mask)
- Patchology On The Fly Multi-Masking Travel Skincare Kit
- Elodie Travel Wallet
- Tarriss Jetsetter Digital Luggage Scale (with 110 pound capacity)
- SanDisk 64gb Ultra SDXC UHS-I Memory Card (you will need these for your DSLR)
- S’Well Stone 17 oz. Water Bottle
- Adidas Women’s UltraBoost Running Shoe (perfect for walking and exploring)
- Mophie Powerstation External Battery for Smartphones and Tablets
- 4-Piece Saffiano Leather Train Case
- Leather Jewelry Roll-up
- Worldwide Travel Adapter and USB all-in-one
- Conair Complete Travel Fabric Steamer
- Power Luggage Tag
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
- 5-Piece Packing Cube Set (comes in a variety of colors)
Now that you are all set for your first (or next) International trip, thanks to this list, where do you want to go?
I have so many places on my bucket list, yet I have no idea where I want to explore next. Sometimes I keep my travels to myself because of travel shaming (have you ever heard of that), and other times I want to share my adventures with the world.
My hope is that I am at least always able to inspire people to want to take the trip.
Here is some travel inspiration for you:
- Where To Stay in Amsterdam For the Best Experience
- How To Travel To Paris On A Budget
- Gaylord National Summerfest