Ever since I was in high school (over 20 years ago now, yikes) I have had a love/hate relationship with my hair. Can you relate to that? Over the years I have treated it harshly and lately I have been searching to figure out what is the best repair for damaged hair at home.
What hair treatment is best for damaged hair?
With such a wide variety of hair care products available, how do you decide what is the best hair repair treatment for damaged hair?
What kind of hair do you have (straight, wavy, curly, thick, thin, damaged)?
I am biracial, which means my hair is mixed in texture. Growing up it was super curly, but once I started getting chemical relaxers, having it colored and straightening it, my hair started changing and unfortunately breaking.
Over the years I have searched for the best hair repair for damaged hair, but salon procedures have always been too pricey. I wanted to find a way to quickly repair it right at home.
Luckily I discovered this line of L’Oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 products and they have even made into the list of some of my top beauty travel essentials.
- Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner
- Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo
- Protein Recharge Leave in Conditioner
I have been using Elvive Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge Leave in Conditioner on my dry, breakage-prone hair and after only a very short time I can see and actually feel a difference.
Elvive literally revives damaged hair and offers 97% less breakage.
How can I repair my damaged hair from straightening?
Despite the fact that I try to stretch my blowouts for up to a week between washes, the heat from straightening it can definitely be damaging.
Here is a simple routine you can use at home as a quick repair for damaged hair:
- Wash and condition your hair with the Deep Conditioner and Repairing Shampoo
- Next put about a quarter-sized amount of the Protein Recharge Leave in Conditioner in your hair and comb it through.
- Now I like to let my hair air dry overnight by wrapping it in a silk scarf, but if you want to blow-dry or flat-iron your hair, this product has 450 degree heat protection built-in.
- That’s it! You know the secret to the best hair repair for dry damaged hair, so you can start showing off healthier, shinier locks, even during your vacation at home.
The best part is that Elvive’s innovative Rapid Reviver is a deep conditioner with no leave-in time, provides easier detangling, and gives 2x more results than a leading conditioner.
Does damaged hair grow back healthy?
Once your hair has been damaged and prone to split ends and breakage, you will need to give it time to grow back healthy and strong.
Getting regular trims can help make your hair feel and look healthier, along with these tips.
The L’Oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 products have repaired my damaged hair and also helped me embrace it again, minus spending time and money at the salon.