[bctt tweet=”Question: Valentine’s Day. Is It A Big Deal In Your World?”]
I woke up early this morning on Valentine’s Day, and the first thing that popped into my head was, oh sh*t its Valentine’s Day and I completely forgot to get my husband and kids a gift or even a card. Then I fell back asleep after promptly remembering that Valentine’s Day in my world is just another day, as I make sure to show my love and cherish my family in some way each and every day. When I am in a bad mood or may be frustrated with my kids (which happens fairly often), I always try to remember that life can change in an instant, so even if it is in the smallest way I make sure that the people closest to me understand and are constantly aware of just how much I love them.
Valentine’s Day is not a big deal in my world because I have always disliked many things about what is supposed to be a loving day somehow gets turned into a commercialized and expensive day.
Love does not have to be shown in overpriced flowers, chocolates, and almost having to sell your soul in order to get a dinner reservation at a romantic restaurant, but love can easily be shown daily throughout your actions and words.
Here are some free ways to show your love on any day of the year:
- Make it a point to say I love you to someone close to you each day.
- Surprise love notes (I love to give my son surprise lunch box love notes).
- Keep a family journal where each family member writes down a thing that they love about another family member.
- Whip up some loving memories by cooking together to create a sweet treat.
- Pick up the phone and call a loved one (not email or text, but an actual phone call – this is a tough one for me).
I hope that whether or not Valentine’s Day is a big deal in your world that you remember to show your love and care the other 364 days of the year, because sometimes, all you need is love .
Please share your answer in the comments: Valentine’s Day. Is It A Big Deal In Your World?