Marriott’s Harbour Lake is definitely the place to be!
Those of you that know my family and I should be well aware that we like to vacation a lot!
Our most favorite vacation spot (as a family) is the happiest place on Earth, otherwise known as – Disney World
Throughout the course of our many trips to Florida we have been able to try out various hotels and resorts (both Disney and non Disney affiliated), and one of the resorts that we find ourselves repeat visitors at is Marriott’s Harbour Lake.
One of the first phrases that comes to mind when I think of Marriott’s Harbour Lake is family friendly & fun!
This resort has something to offer every single member of your family, no matter what the age.
From the moment that you drive through the gates of Marriott’s Harbour Lake resort, you will feel as though you have been transported to a tropical retreat with Caribbean charm, as the entire resort is beautifully decorated in colorful Key West cottage style.
Here is an overview of some of the fabulous features that Marriott’s Harbour Lake has to offer:
- Shipwreck Landing, an exciting themed pool area featuring a pirate ship complete with waterslides and water cannons, plus 2 whirlpool spas*
- The Patio Bar and Grill (which has a great variety of foods, specialty themed meals on certain nights, and proudly brews Starbucks coffee).
- The Outpost, serving snacks and novelty ice cream
- The Boardwalk, a scenic walkway just right for a casual stroll or for enjoying a sunset view of beautiful Lake Willis*
- Harbour Landing, a lakeside dock perfect for enjoying the quiet beauty of Lake Willis
- The Den, a comfortable lounge for family, friends, and gatherings or just relaxing
- The Gym, an exercise room with cardiovascular equipment and weights (the resort also offers daily exercise related activities such as yoga, zumba and pilates).
- The Captain’s Quarters, a multipurpose child’s playroom for activities such as lunch with the pirates, Kids’ Night Out and arts & crafts
- The Court, two sport courts, great places for active vacationers to enjoy basketball
- Recreation Station, an outdoor pavilion and grill area, perfect for barbecues
- Key Lime Greens**, a themed miniature golf course for everyone to enjoy
- Florida Falls Pool Complex, an incredible playground with a variety of water features, including two opposing fortresses for water-cannon battles, plus giant dumping water buckets
- Daily activities program for all ages (there is a really fun ice cream social daily from 2-3, as well a wine and beer tasting, movies by the pool each night, smores campfires, sporting events and so much more!)
This was one of the first times that my family and I were in the Orlando area and only went to one park (Disney’s Hollywood Studios), because we were having way too much fun right at our resort! The resort had a schedule of events posted daily for every hour between 9am-9pm. By the end of the day my family was exhausted from the all of the fun that we had together!
Another plus of staying at Marriott’s Harbour Lake, especially if you are traveling with your family (small or large), is that each villa is very spacious and provides you with the comforts of home so that you can relax and really enjoy your vacation.
- Guestroom in two bedroom villa with two queen-size beds and guest bath
- Full sofa bed in the living area
- Separate living and dining areas
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Televisions throughout, DVD player in living area
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and shower
- Screened, fully furnished private balconies
- In-villa washer and dryer
- Complimentary Internet access
Now, just because you are not staying on site at any of the theme parks (Disney Parks, Universal Orlando, Sea World Parks, etc.) when staying at Marriott’s Harbour Lake, doesn’t mean that you can’t visit them. In fact you are so close to Sea World that sometimes you can even see the fireworks right from the resort! The other parks are only a short drive away as Harbour Lake is only minutes from I-4.
The resort’s concierge station makes it easy to inquire about things to do in the Florida area, as well as purchase tickets to various theme parks, shows, restaurants, and many other events.
Another great thing about Marriott is that even though it is a Vacation Club, they still make villas available for rental to non-vacation club owners.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions concerning Marriott’s Harbour Lake. – We have also vacationed at other nearby Marriott resorts (Grande Vista and Lakeshore Reserve) and they are fabulous as well, due to Marriott’s top-notch service!