Marriott’s Harbour Lake is definitely the place to be! It is one of the most family-friendly places you can take a vacation. Read on to learn all about our family’s experience.
Best Resort When Visiting Disney
Those of you that know my family and I should be well aware that we like to vacation a lot!
Our most favorite vacation spot is the happiest place on Earth, otherwise known as Disney World
Throughout the course of our many trips to Florida, we have been able to try out various hotels and resorts (both Disney and non-Disney affiliated), and one place that we find ourselves repeat visitors at is Marriott’s Harbour Lake.
Marriott’s Harbour Lake: Review
One of the first phrases that come to mind when I think of Marriott’s Harbour Lake is family friendly & fun!
This resort has something to offer every single member of your family, no matter what the age.
From the moment that you drive through the gates of Marriott’s Harbour Lake resort, you will feel as though you have been transported to a tropical retreat with Caribbean charm, as the entire resort is beautifully decorated in colorful Key West cottage style.
Here is an overview of some of the fabulous features that Marriott’s Harbour Lake has to offer:
1. Shipwreck Landing
2. The Food
The food at this resort is delicious! Here are just a few of my family’s favorite things about the food at Marriott’s Harbour Lake Resort:
- The Patio Bar and Grill (which has a great variety of foods, specialty themed meals on certain nights, and proudly brews Starbucks coffee).
- The Outpost, serving snacks and of course novelty ice cream.
This is a place you and your entire family can actually relax. Relax? At Disney? Yup! These are just a few of the ways my family enjoyed unwinding.
- The Boardwalk, a scenic walkway just right for a casual stroll or for enjoying a sunset view of beautiful Lake Willis
- Harbour Landing, a lakeside dock perfect for enjoying the quiet beauty of Lake Willis
- The Den, a comfortable lounge for family, friends, and gatherings or just relaxing
And when you are done relaxing, there’s plenty of things to keep you and your family occupied right at the resort.
- The Gym, an exercise room with cardiovascular equipment and weights (the resort also offers daily exercise related activities such as yoga, zumba and pilates).
- The Captain’s Quarters, a multipurpose child’s playroom for activities such as lunch with the pirates, Kids’ Night Out and arts & crafts
- The Court, two sport courts, great places for active vacationers to enjoy basketball
- Recreation Station, an outdoor pavilion and grill area, perfect for barbecues
- Key Lime Greens**, a themed miniature golf course for everyone to enjoy
- Florida Falls Pool Complex, an incredible playground with a variety of water features, including two opposing fortresses for water-cannon battles, plus giant dumping water buckets
- Daily activities program for all ages (there is a really fun ice cream social daily, as well a wine and beer tasting, movies by the pool each night, s’mores campfires, sporting events and so much more!)
This was one of the first times that my family and I were in the Orlando area and only went to one park (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) because we were having way too much fun right at our resort!
The resort had a schedule of events posted daily for every hour between 9am-9pm. By the end of the day, my family was exhausted from all of the fun that we had together!
Another plus of staying at Marriott’s Harbour Lake, especially if you are traveling with your family (small or large), is that each villa is very spacious and provides you with the comforts of home so that you can relax and really enjoy your vacation.
- Guestroom in two bedroom villa with two queen-size beds and guest bath
- Full sofa bed in the living area
- Separate living and dining areas
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Televisions throughout, DVD player in living area
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and shower
- Screened, fully furnished private balconies
- In-villa washer and dryer
- Complimentary Internet access
6. Location of Marriott’s Harbour Lake to Disney and Sea World
Now, just because you are not staying on site at any of the theme parks (Disney Parks, Universal Orlando, Sea World Parks, etc.) when staying at Marriott’s Harbour Lake, doesn’t mean you can’t visit them. In fact, you are so close to Sea World that sometimes you can even see the fireworks right from the resort! The other parks are only a short drive away as Harbour Lake is only minutes from I-4.
The resort’s concierge station makes it easy to inquire about things to do in the Florida area, as well as purchase tickets to various theme parks, shows, restaurants, and many other events.
Another great thing about Marriott is that even though it is a Vacation Club, they still make villas available for rental to non-vacation club owners.
How to Book a Stay
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions concerning Marriott’s Harbour Lake. – We have also vacationed at other nearby Marriott resorts (Grande Vista and Lakeshore Reserve) and they are fabulous as well, due to Marriott’s top-notch service!