Do your kids like to read or are they just learning to read? Both of my kids developed a love for reading early on in their lives. One thing that helped was making reading fun and interactive for them. Thanks to Playing Forward for sponsoring this post so I can share with you how to show your kids interactive reading is fun and exciting with this app, Maxi The Taxi Dog.
Maxi The Taxi Dog App
Are you familiar with The Adventures of Taxi Dog? Maxi the Taxi Dog is a children’s classic that was published by Penguin more than 25 years ago.
Playing Forward recently created a new app called Maxi The Taxi Dog, which has magically brought Maxi back in an interactive and adventurous new way.
The app features Maxi, Jim (the taxi driver) and Tupa, the passenger they pick up along the way. Tupa is heading to the Cooper Hewitt Museum where he will get some help in overcoming his fear of the dark, with Maxi also learning a few new tricks along the way. Your kids will watch the story come to life on their screen thanks to 3d and augmented reality features.
One of my favorite parts of this app is that kids following Maxi learn to make new friends and find ways to overcome their fears.
Two Ways To Play and Learn With This Interactive Reading App
Kids can choose to experience each story in two ways:
- Bedtime story that can be read along with in 3D or,
- Active exploration in augmented reality, which encourages the reader to move around and experience the story from multiple perspectives. My daughter had such a fun time moving around our house to interactive and really experience the story.
Which way do you think your child would like to experience this app?
If you have a new or not so confident reader, they can press a button to have the story read to them (great option for when you able to read to them) . The app lets you choose whether you want to hear the story read in a male or female voice. My daughter loves that you can personalize Maxi and Jim, for a really creative way to interact with the app.
Interactive reading is fun and exciting with this app, Maxi The Tax Dog, so make sure you download it here.
Celebrate the launch of Playing Forwards’ three character-driven apps based on books with an exciting contest!
Playing Forward is running a contest and the Grand Prize is a whirlwind STEAM-powered weekend of play and exploration in Manhattan.
- The Grand Prize includes air transportation, a two night hotel stay, a Visa gift card to cover meals, various museum tickets for a family of four.
- Also includes personalized experiences at two of Manhattan’s most unique museums – the Natural History Museum & the Children’s Museum of the Arts
- The contest’s runner-up will win an iPad
Enter to win here and good luck!
Disclosure: This post was part of a sponsored campaign with Playing Forward, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.