One of the things I love most about my family is they are always up for an adventure. Ever since my son and daughter were babies my husband and I have worked hard to instill a passion for travel within them. I am constantly encouraging my kids to spread their wings, although not too far away from me just yet.
I want them to understand the way traveling to new places helps broaden your horizons and enrich your soul by experiencing new cultures and foods, listening to different languages, meeting new people, seeing other parts of the world and much more.
Can you guess what our family’s favorite way to travel is?
You may be surprised to find out that we love road trips. Road trips are where so many memories are made, shared experiences take place and bonds are formed.
Even better is that we love spontaneous road trips, and we know how to take a road trip in a unique way.
My family loves getting in the car and pushing the limits to see how far we can go to explore somewhere new. This past summer we made it from Pennsylvania to Disney World and back for under only $100 in the incredible Kia Niro.
Speaking of pushing the limits, I have some friends (better known as the #KiaFamily) who constantly inspire me when it comes to how to take a road trip in a unique way. Many of them are innovative and creative when telling a story involving travel.
We want to see how many miles this incredible car can go on only one charge.
Teams of two will be paired up for an exciting contest in which we will create our own adventure from Orange County, California area to San Francisco (which is approximately 418 miles), of course with some stops along the way. Stay tuned!
Remember a couple of months ago when I told you how to take a road trip full of Soul?
Now the #KiaFamily wants to show you how to take a road trip in a unique way. We call it the plug-in and play way!
- First get paired up with a road trip partner (might be someone you know well or maybe not, but it’s all part of the unique experience)
- Come up with a budget for your trip (including food, lodging and experiences)
- Get creative and pick a theme for your road trip, like Jillian from Hello Splendid’s Kindness Kits, (stay tuned to #NiroRoadTrip to see some of the surprises the #KiaFamily has planned).
- Map out a route for your road trip complete with unique places to stop and visit along the way. (This should be easy to do in the 2018 Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid thanks to its intuitive and tech savvy navigation system).
- Pick some music and create a playlist. There’s nothing more exhilarating on a road trip than rocking out to your favorite music, especially when it’s being pumped through a Harman/Kardon premium sound system.
- Pack some snacks and water to stay fueled and hydrated while driving.
- Last but certainly not least, PLUG-IN, PLAY and EXPLORE (unless you are driving a different vehicle, then you can skip the plug-in part)!