I’m not sure about you but I can’t believe that another year is quickly coming to an end. The older I get I feel like the years pass by in such a blur. In fact I blinked during the summer and my son turned 13 (yes I have a teenager) and my daughter turned 7.
Recently I sat down with my family to talk about our plans for 2018. We decided that we would each write down our goals and wishes for the upcoming year. My thought was if we could actually see what we wanted for ourselves we might be more inspired to work harder toward making our dreams a reality. That is when we decided to make a virtual vision board.
Over the last few years throughout various blogging groups and from friends, I have constantly heard about vision boards.
Vision boards are a creative way to layout your favorite motivational quotes, inspirational people, travel wishes, bucket list items, things you may be striving to achieve and more.
Traditionally people create vision boards on paper, poster, canvas, cork boards and more, but I have a unique way of creating them to share.
Feel free to keep reading here, or check out the new, updated post which is all about creating a digital vision board. There are also some free apps that can help you create one on the go.
Virtual Vision Board and How to Create One
- Grab your computer and start browsing google images, Pinterest, blogs, online magazines, Flipboard and more for inspiration and photos.
- Once you have found some digital photos that represent your hopes, dreams, goals and favorite words, make sure to save and download them to your computer. I also created a virtual vision Pinterest board.
- Create a new collage in PicMonkey or Canva.
- Title your virtual vision board with your word of the year. Do you have one yet?
- Choose a background color for your board and then fill up the collage with the photos you saved.
- After you have saved your virtual vision board you will be able to do all the things with it. Set it as your computer’s wallpaper or screensaver, pin it to a board, share on social media, easily email it or even print out your virtual vision board (if you want a physical copy of it to frame or hang).
* Tip: one of the best things about virtual vision boards is that you can change or rearrange your board all throughout the year simply by editing your saved board.
What goals are you manifesting?
What Since I am admittedly addicted to travel and pretty much have wanderlust running through my veins, a lot of my board focuses on places I want to explore both with and without my kids.
One of my favorite things to wear each day is actually a necklace that I almost never take off which says wanderlust.
I love quotes, especially positive and motivational sayings, so I added a few of my favorites to keep me motivated all year long.
I attended two blogging conferences last year (one of which I spoke at), and these quotes help to keep inspiring me and my business goals.
Cutting out drama while strengthening bonds and new friendships that were made throughout the year always continues to be on my agenda for the following year.
Therefore, I made it a point to include a reminder on my virtual vision board to keep surrounding myself with those magical people who enrich my life.
Have you ever created a virtual vision board before?
My kids have even gotten into the manifesting spirit and they now create their own vision boards online.
Let’s dream big and make good things happen next year!
Tuesday 16th of January 2018
I love the idea of a vision board, I need one myself
Monday 15th of January 2018
The American doll giveaway is awesome!! My grandaughter would love this!!
Monday 1st of January 2018
Love this post! I have all my clients create vision boards, and always do one myself each year. It's the best way to make your dreams come true! Thank you for sharing, and happy new year!
Tuesday 2nd of January 2018
Thank you so much for reading and for the kind words. I love being able to see my goals and dreams in front of me.
Friday 29th of December 2017
Love the idea of making this an image so you can use it for multiple purposes.