I’m not sure about you but I can’t believe that another year is quickly coming to an end. The older I get I feel like the years pass by in such a blur. In fact I blinked during the summer and my son turned 13 (yes I have a teenager) and my daughter turned 7.
Recently I sat down with my family to talk about our plans for 2018. We decided that we would each write down our goals and wishes for the upcoming year. My thought was if we could actually see what we wanted for ourselves we might be more inspired to work harder toward making our dreams a reality. That is when we decided to make a virtual vision board.
Over the last few years throughout various blogging groups and from friends, I have constantly heard about vision boards.
Vision boards are a creative way to layout your favorite motivational quotes, inspirational people, travel wishes, bucket list items, things you may be striving to achieve and more.
Traditionally people create vision boards on paper, poster, canvas, cork boards and more, but I have a unique way of creating them to share.
Virtual Vision Board and How to Create One
- Grab your computer and start browsing google images, Pinterest, blogs, online magazines, Flipboard and more for inspiration and photos.
- Once you have found some digital photos that represent your hopes, dreams, goals and favorite words, make sure to save and download them to your computer. I also created a virtual vision Pinterest board.
- Create a new collage in PicMonkey or Canva.
- Title your virtual vision board with your word of the year. Do you have one yet?
- Choose a background color for your board and then fill up the collage with the photos you saved.
- After you have saved your virtual vision board you will be able to do all the things with it. Set it as your computer’s wallpaper or screensaver, pin it to a board, share on social media, easily email it or even print out your virtual vision board (if you want a physical copy of it to frame or hang).
* Tip: one of the best things about virtual vision boards is that you can change or rearrange your board all throughout the year simply by editing your saved board.
What goals are you manifesting?
One of my favorite things to wear each day is actually a necklace that I almost never take off which says wanderlust.
I love quotes, especially positive and motivational sayings, so I added a few of my favorites to keep me motivated all year long.
Cutting out drama while strengthening bonds and new friendships that were made throughout the year always continues to be on my agenda for the following year.
Therefore, I made it a point to include a reminder on my virtual vision board to keep surrounding myself with those magical people who enrich my life.
Have you ever created a virtual vision board before?
My kids have even gotten into the manifesting spirit and they now create their own vision boards online.
Let’s dream big and make good things happen next year!