With this cold and extra snowy winter, I have had a one track mind on a warm weather vacation (despite what my wallet might say). As my family and I are Disney addicts, that is exactly where we started when searching for our winter getaway. Since we have been to all of the Disney Parks too many times to count (yes we are very lucky to get to visit Mickey & Co. so often!), we decided to explore a different way to get our Disney fix, yet still show our Disney Side.
I was lucky enough to come across a wonderful travel agent on twitter named Heather – you can locate her at Be Our Guest Destinations or Destinations in Florida – who discussed with me the idea of going on a Disney Cruise.
– Now, my husband and I have always said that we would never go on a cruise! Not for any one reason in particular, just that we weren’t “cruise type of people” – although I’m not even really sure what that means.
Thanks to Heather’s valuable information concerning taking a Disney cruise and the excellent price that she was able to get for us, with only about a month’s notice, my family and I took the best vacation that we have ever had on the Disney Dream!
My Top Reasons Why You Should Take the Plunge and Go On A Disney Cruise Vacation ASAP!
1. This is a vacation that has something for every single person to eat, see, get involved in, engage and join – no matter what age or stage they may be in life.
2. The Disney Dream was hands down the cleanest place that I have ever been. My husband and I both remarked throughout the entire trip how spotless the ship was at all times, including the bathrooms.
3. The Youth Clubs aboard the ship are amazing! The Oceaneer Club and Lab kept my kids occupied, learning and having fun all throughout our vacation. – The best thing about the Disney kids clubs is that when you register your children for it they receive a magic band that they wear throughout the entire vacation. The kids are then able to be be checked into the kids club via the magic band, and then you can go off to explore and check out all of the adult-only things to do on the ship! (I wasn’t sure how my then 3 year old daughter would like the kids club, so after about an hour of her first time there my husband and I went back to check on her and she was being read a story by Cinderella herself. – My daughter definitely didn’t want to leave!) The kids club staff also fed my kids dinner one evening so that my husband and I could go to an adult only dinner at the fabulous PALO.
4. It is an all-inclusive vacation (hooray for lots of amazing food to eat whenever your want!) -The only items we found that weren’t included in the vacation are alcohol (although Disney Cruise ships allow you to bring alcohol on board), gratuity, and any excursions that you may choose to do at the ports of call.
5. Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island), is one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. I was so impressed with how the Disney magic transferred right from the boat and onto the island. There is a kids area, delicious bbq lunch, luau party with Mickey and friends, adult beach area, and all the ice cream that you can eat! There is also a 5K race (or walk!) that is free to participate in on Castaway Cay.
6. If your kids (or you) have some favorite Disney characters, there are plenty of times and and places aboard the ship where you never know who you might meet! – My husband and I got in the elevator one evening and we had the pleasure of riding it with Goofy who was dressed in a tuxedo!
If you were ever hesitant about taking a cruise, Disney is definitely the way to go! Please feel free to comment and let me know if you have taken a Disney Cruise before and what your favorite Disney ship or part of the trip was!