The big game is finally here! Whether you care about football or not there is one thing I know we all have in common, and that is food. I get so excited to gather with my family and friends throughout the season to cheer on our favorite teams and of course eat all the things. We love to snack on foods like pizza, sandwiches, pretzels, wings and dips, dips, dips.
What is your favorite game day snack?
Out of all of those delicious game day foods, I have to say our family’s favorite is buffalo wings. The only downside to eating wings is how messy things can get. Since we crave that buffalo chicken taste, minus the mess, I decided to create a delicious and special buffalo chicken dip.
What makes this buffalo chicken dip recipe so special?
Many buffalo chicken dip recipes call for canned chicken, but my recipe says to use a whole rotisserie chicken (you shred it up of course). This gives the dip its extra special just like you are eating a buffalo wing taste. My recipe also suggests you use fat free cream cheese, and if you use a little more chicken, you will have a dip that is protein rich!
Check out my special buffalo chicken dip recipe, which will be sure to keep your guests happy and coming back for more.
My Special Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe:
- half of an 8 oz fat-free cream cheese package
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1 rotisserie chicken (this makes it much more delicious than canned chicken)
- 1/2 cup of Moore’s Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce (click here to buy this).
- 1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing seasoning or 1/4 cup of ranch (the dry packet is best!)
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onion
How to make it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Shred the chicken and make sure to remove any bones
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Mix then transfer into an oven safe dish (I love baking and serving my dip in this dish)
Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix again. You can repeat until the mixture is nice, blended and bubbly. My favorite tip is to top the dip with blue cheese crumbles.
Last but not least, serve your special buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, veggies, chips or bread and enjoy the game! In case you need some dessert dips to go with this, my friend Sharon has you covered right here.
My Special Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1/2 8 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Moore's Blue Cheese Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 packet dry ranch dressing seasoning or 1/4 cup of ranch (the dry packet really rocks!!)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Shred the chicken and make sure to remove any bones
Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
Mix and then transfer dip into an oven safe dish
Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix again. You can repeat until the mixture is nice and blended.
Top with blue cheese crumbles Serve your special buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, veggies, chips or bread and enjoy the game!
Serve your special buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, veggies, chips or bread and enjoy the game!
So which do you like more, football or the foods? What is your favorite kind of dip to make or eat?
Need some dinner ideas? Here are a few more delicious and simple recipes: