Happy Valentine’s Day
“Every February 14th across the United States and in other places around the world, candy, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine.”
Valentine’s Day, (as commercialized as it can be), is a day that can remind us to express our love for those in our lives not just on this day, but on the other 364 days of the year as well.
Valentine’s Day can also be thought of as a day to remind many of us how fortunate we are each day to be loved and supported by the people closest to us in our lives.
Despite the fact that “Approximately 150 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged annually, making Valentine’s Day the second most popular card-sending holiday after Christmas“, there are plenty of FREE ways to show your love today and every day.
1. Handmade cards or notes
2. Breakfast in bed – such a sweet, simple and yummy way to say “I love you” any day of the year.
3. A family game night – my family has so many laughs and makes so many tech-free connections with each other on our board game nights.
4. Homemade coupon book – coupons can be redeemed for quiet time to relax, a massage, time at a favorite park/playground, or whatever you would like to do to spend quality time with loved ones.
5. At home mani/pedi session – my 6-year-old daughter and I have created so many special, loving moments over our mutual love of nail polish and pampering!
6. Cook/bake together – gather the family together to make a fun, delicious dinner of homemade mini zucchini pizzas, and some simple chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.
7. Create a handmade picture frame and print a special photo to give to a loved one to display.
8. Take a rose out of mom’s bouquet and display it proudly in a small vase to present to your child (like my husband did for our daughter!)
It doesn’t take an elaborate gift, gesture or spending a lot of money to show your love or that you care, because really all you need is love on Valentine’s Day and everyday.