This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NewNutrishPEAK #NutrishPets #CollectiveBias
One of the things our family gets asked about most, especially when we are out with them, is our dogs. We have what we affectionately call the “doodle duo“, which are mother and daughter labradoodles. Their names are Jaxie and Charley and they are adorable, fun and full of energy. Our doodles interests include playing ball in the house, going to the dog park, road trips, sleeping and eating.
Did I mention eating?
Something I am always looking for when it comes to the doodle duo, as I am sure you are with your dogs, are ways to help them live their best lives. Proper nutrition and exercise are two of the best ways to start. I want to share with you 7 easy ways to help your dog live a longer and happier life.
My number one way is to start by giving them the best foods.
Once I read the packaging and learned that Nutrish PEAK dry food for dogs contains 30% high-quality protein and 0% grains, glutens or fillers, plus it is a protein-rich food, I decided to purchase a few bags of Nutrish PEAK dry food for our active dogs.
I bought a bag of Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Peak™ Wetlands Recipe™ with Chicken, Duck & Pheasant as well as Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Peak™ Open Range Recipe™ with Chicken & Beef in Hearty Gravy. They both sounded delicious to me so I knew the doodle duo would love them too!
You can simply check out the Nutrish PEAK website for more information on where to buy this food.
Even better that I was able to use this coupon for additional savings!
Now they don’t only have dry food, Nutrish PEAK also has a wet food recipe which is made with real chicken, combined with protein-rich duck, beef or lamb for a flavor your dog will be sure to love. Although we usually feed the doodle duo dry food, we like to give them wet food at times to mix it up. Especially after a long fun day playing at the dog park.
Later when I got home from PetSmart I did a little research and discovered that not only does Nutrish PEAK offer pet food and treats made with real, wholesome and delicious ingredients, but a portion of the proceeds from each sale of Nutrish is donated to The Rachael Ray Foundation, which helps animals in need. So you can feel good about nourishing your pets while helping give back at the same time.
2. Exercise. Make sure, even on the not so nice days, that you are giving your pets a chance to exert energy and exercise. Not only does this benefit you, as it may also keep your dogs from running around the house so much (if they are anything like my doodles), but it also helps keep your dog in shape. We love taking the doodle duo to our local dog parks so they can social and exercise.
3. Hydrate. Keep fresh water available for your dog, because without an adequate supply, your dog can become hydrated and ill very quickly.
4. Proper Vet Care. Every dog should visit their veterinarian at least once a year. This will give your vet a chance to spot potential problems early on. Sticking to a regular preventative care routine will give your dog the best shot at a long, happy and healthy life.
5. Show Your Dog Lots of Love. This is an easy one for our family as our doodles are so darn loveable. Be sure to give your dog lots of cuddles, playtime, and love, which will help improve their overall quality of life, and yours too.
6. Keep Your Dog’s Mind Active. Bored dogs can become depressed, anxious, and even ill. Extend your dog’s life and keep them busy with things like training, obedience courses, through play, dog sports and other enrichment activities.
7. Last but not least, take time to enjoy your dog. Show your dog that your time together is precious by providing good food like Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK™ Dog Food, maintaining healthy habits and keeping your dog active in both body and mind.